Why Descaling Nespresso Inissia? Nespresso Inissia is a state-of-the-art coffee maker that produces high-quality coffee. To ensure the excellent production of coffee and espresso, it is highly advisable to descale and clean it on a regular basis.
Have you noticed that your espresso or coffee tastes a bit off? Then this is a sign that your machine needs descaling. An essential part of maintenance is descaling. Descaling Nespresso Inissia is easy to do. It just takes about fifteen minutes to complete the process.
Descaling Nespresso Citiz Machine Overview
Each time you utilize your Nespresso Inissia, the water that flows in the machine leaves calcium carbonate, which can build-up in due course. When descaling Nespresso Inissia, this remains will be eliminated, which makes your machine works better. Thus, it will produce healthy and better-tasting espresso and coffee.
How Many Times Do I Have to Descale my machine?
The manufacturer recommends descaling Nespresso Inissia once a year. But, for the best results, the recommended period in descaling your machine is every 3 months. This assures you of a clean and consistent great espresso.
Nespresso Descaling Instructions
The steps needed in descaling your Nespresso coffee machine are relatively easy. You follow the process below to make sure that your coffee is ready as well as ready to produce better tasting beverages.
Preparing your Nespresso Inissia
- Switch on the coffee maker, wait until it heats up.
- Check the lever and make sure no capsules left inside.
- Empty the drip tray and the capsule container.
- Place a container able to hold 1L of water below the coffee outlet.
- Put 500ml of water to the reservoir along with a descaling solution.
Begin the Descaling Process
- Make sure the two buttons stop flashing.
- Continuously tap the two buttons and hold them for 3 seconds.
- You will notice the lights will begin flashing rapidly to show that the machine is already in a descaling mode
- Tap the lungo button to process.
- After completing the cycle, refill the water reservoir with the used solution.
- Once more tap the lungo button for another cycle.
Rinse Nespresso Inissia
- After the cycle is done, remove the water from the container and water tank.
- Carefully rinse the water reservoir to make sure there’s no solution left inside.
- Refill it with fresh water to the maximum level.
- Tap the lungo button for the last cycle to eliminate the leftover solution.
- If done, empty the drip tray and make sure to rinse it thoroughly.
How to Exit Descaling Mode
It is easy to exit the descaling mode. All you need to do is to tap the 2 buttons located at the top of the machine simultaneously for 3 seconds. This will allow you to withdraw from the descaling mode.
Your machine has been descaled. You can now use it to make high-quality coffee, Espresso, and other incredible drinks.
The Nespresso Inissia is a compact and handy coffee machine ideal for people who do not have the time or space for a bulky machine. It comes equipped with essential features to give you the best coffee you’ve ever wanted. But, to sustain the quality of the produced coffee, ensure to descale it every 3 months.
For more Information & Safety Precautions you could read this PDF Guide provided by Nespresso.